Search For A Cure
Research, Scientific Breakthroughs, & Caregiver Tips
Amnesia Caregiver Tips
If your loved one suffers from amnesia, coping with the disorder’s effects can lead to frustration, confusion, and even depression. Keep these tips in mind in order to best support your loved one and maintain your own mental health.
- Accompany your loved one to all medical appointments. Because of the very nature of amnesia, you might be better equipped than your loved one to answer questions and retain medical advice.
- Provide a safe, secure, stress-free environment in which your loved one will have the best chance of recovery.
- Help your loved one with reminder systems, organization, and any other technique that will help with daily functioning during the recovery period.
- Take advantage of other family members, friends, and your community to care for your loved one. Don’t try to take on the entire responsibility for caregiving by yourself.
- Seek out a support group. It can be very helpful to be able to talk to others who are in your situation.
Make a Donation, Make a Difference
Your Donation Supports Crucial Brain Research
We have a direct connection with scientists so we are privy to projects in all stages of research. This gives us the insight to identify projects and allocate the dollars needed to find cures. Donate generously today to make a difference for future generations and your loved ones. YOUR DONATION SAVES LIVES & BRINGS US CLOSER TO A CURE.
You Are Not Alone
For you or a loved one to be diagnosed with a brain disease or disorder, is overwhelming, and it leads to a quest for support and answers to very important questions. ABS has built a safe, caring and compassionate community for you to share your journey, connect with others in similar situations, learn about breakthroughs, and to simply find comfort.