Binge Eating Disorder
Search For A Cure
Scientific Breakthroughs & Caregiver Tips
How Is Binge Eating Disorder Prevented?
There is no sure way to permanently control binge eating without treating the disorder directly. However, it may be possible to control the frequency of binges by pursuing some of these strategies:
- Learn how to recognize the physical signs of hunger, such as a growling stomach, dizziness, or irritability. It may be helpful to develop a scale for ranking how hungry you are and apply it whenever you get the urge to eat.
- Keep your home free of the foods you usually binge on.
- Plan your meals ahead of time, and keep a record of everything you eat. Do not, however, try to restrict your food intake or follow any kind of weight-loss diet.
- Drink lots of water.
- Develop an exercise routine.
- Avoid situations that will make you bored or stressed.
- Eat at mealtimes, and don’t multitask while you eat.
Make a Donation, Make a Difference
Your Donation Supports Crucial Brain Research
We have a direct connection with scientists so we are privy to projects in all stages of research. This gives us the insight to identify projects and allocate the dollars needed to find cures. Donate generously today to make a difference for future generations and your loved ones.
YOUR DONATION SAVES LIVES & BRINGS US CLOSER TO A CURE.
You Are Not Alone
For you or a loved one to be diagnosed with a brain disease or disorder, is overwhelming, and leads to a quest for support and answers to important questions. ABS has built a safe, caring and compassionate community for you to share your journey, connect with others in similar situations, learn about breakthroughs, and to simply find comfort.