Search For A Cure
Scientific Breakthroughs & Caregiver Tips
Depression Caregiver Tips
Caring for someone with major depression can be very frustrating and exhausting. Many of the disorder’s symptoms manifest in ways that are emotionally taxing for the sufferer’s loved ones, and those who are close to someone with depression are at risk of developing depression themselves.
Caregivers for someone with major depression should consider these tips in order to help the sufferer and themselves to cope with the disorder:
- Learn as much as possible about the disorder.
- Don’t expect the sufferer to simply get better on their own.
- Seek out appropriate professional treatment for the sufferer.
- Do everything possible to support the sufferer in the pursuit of treatment.
- Try not to take outbursts of anger or frustration as a personal attack, but see it as a symptom of the disorder.
- Be supportive of the sufferer and acknowledge any improvements.
- Find a support group for caregivers.
- Take time away from the sufferer when possible.
Make a Donation, Make a Difference
Your Donation Supports Crucial Brain Research
We have a direct connection with scientists so we are privy to projects in all stages of research. This gives us the insight to identify projects and allocate the dollars needed to find cures. Donate generously today to make a difference for future generations and your loved ones.
YOUR DONATION SAVES LIVES & BRINGS US CLOSER TO A CURE.
You Are Not Alone
For you or a loved one to be diagnosed with a brain disease or disorder, is overwhelming, and it leads to a quest for support and answers to very important questions. ABS has built a safe, caring and compassionate community for you to share your journey, connect with others in similar situations, learn about new breakthroughs, and to simply find comfort.